Saturday, May 16, 2009

Muhammara-Hot Pepper Dip

Muhammara - Hot Pepper Dip



This dish is one of my favorite. Muhammara which means roasted in Arabic, is made of roasted peppers and walnuts and pomegranate juice. It has a nutty, sweet, tangy taste with a kick of spicyness to it. Muhammara has the appearance of a thick paste and is served with pita bread as an appitizer or as a side dish to your main course. This dish is so delicious and very simple to make and a true favorite for those who are vegitarian or watching their carbs. I am dedicating this post to my friend Ilene who asked me for the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The recipes and photos are all original text (c) copyright 2007-2009. Always Cookn by HH. If you repost any of my recipes, please give credit to MiddleEasternCookn.blogspot.com and link to the recipe from my site.